I screen, you screen, we all screen… Did you know that most of us spend at least 10 hours a day on digital screens? But all that screen time can be hard on our eyes. Research shows that only 2 hours in front of digital screens is enough to cause eye strain.
So what is eyestrain? If you are experiencing tired or irritated eyes, blurred vision, headaches or even neck and shoulder pain after using digital devices, you may be suffering from digital eye strain.
A NEW, innovative, digital screen protection lens from Essilor.
Designed to relax and protect your eyes from digital screens, all day long.
Digital devices and our constant usage of them, is increasing the demands on our eyes. So what is it with digital screens that is causing our eyes to work extra hard?
Our eyes struggle to focus in front of digital screens. Small text, pixelated images as well as using multiple screens, force our eyes to work harder in order to focus.
Our eyes are exposed to increased amounts of blue-violet light that my be dangerous. Why?
- Blue light is all around us. It is emitted by the sun and artificial light sources, including digital screens such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.
- Blue light may be beneficial to our eyes in moderation as it is necessary for regulation of the sleep/wake cycles, mood and cognitive performances.
- But blue light can also be the cause of premature eye ageing. Overexposure to blue-violet light can damage the retina and potentially increase the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Comfortable, relaxed vision in front of screens, all day long
- Enhanced contrast in front of digital screens, regardless of their brightness
- Protection from blue-violet lights emitted by digital screens
- Sharp, clear vision in all directions
- It’s not only uncomfortable but it can also make it difficult to concentrate on what you’re doing if your eyes get too tired.